June 23, 2010

Maple Syrup Roast Vegetables

I have been pouring maple syrup over my porridge most mornings recently and I'm loving it! In fact, I've been loving it so much that I have been seeking out more uses for maple syrup. I often make roast vegetables as a side dish and I think they are a great accompaniment to a meal. But I have been using the same recipe for a while so I decided to try something a little new recently and so threw in some maple syrup. Great results!

I like to make roast carrots and parsnips but sometimes throw in peppers and shallots as well. It's all about personal preference!

Serves 4

2 large carrots
2 large parsnips
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 190 C

Chop the carrots and parsnips into chunks. I would recommend par-boiling the carrots for 5 minutes before roasting.

Add about 1 tbsp of good quality olive oil and 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup.

Season with salt and pepper and add some finely chopped garlic.

Roast for 20-25 minutes

Serve with meat, fish or more vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment